Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I might change the name of this blog...

...to 'Stuff I Saw Years Ago'.

But while I am trying to think of something more catchy, I'll post something else that I saw years ago.

C'etait un Rendezvous is a short film by Claude LeLouch (best last name ever), that is basically someone driving really fucking fast through Paris at 5:30am.

Now, I always thought that the camera was strapped to the front of a Ferrari. Maybe I thought that because my keen keen engine-ear just assumed that the insanely hot exhaust note you hear revving out 5 gears in the film sounds exactly like a Ferrari. In any event, after Wiki'ing the film so I could sound knowledgeable when I posted it on here, I discovered that the car commonly thought to be used was actually a 450SEL Mercedes. BUT, it is also commonly believed that the film has been over-dubbed with Claude's 275GTB Ferrari, so fuck yeah, my engine-ear remains unbeaten!

Anyway, people are always bitching about this film for one reason or another. "Oh it's so dangerous, what he did is". "Oh, I've tested the route and he wasn't going as fast as he said he was". "Oh, I always put emphasis on academic achievements at school instead of social ones and now I use my pointless knowledge base to try and appear more interesting and intelligent than you, but the flipside of that is that I don't pay any attention to maintaining my pubic hair and now my girlfriend doesn't really go down on me very often".

Get fucked, assholes. Whatever the 'facts' my be, the film is fucking sweet. It's a car driving fast, the concept is wicked, and it sounds like hot hot sex.

No comments: