Friday, July 16, 2010

MIAF

Benny Barbs AKA Rad Dad worded me up to this exhibition by American photographer Taryn Simon, which will be part of the Melbourne International Arts Festival in October.

Dead People? Check.
Snarling inbred Tiger? Check.

I'll see you there.





I also just discovered on the site that Hotel Pro Forma's opera, Tomorrow, In a Year will be performed as part of this year's festival. As you might remember, The Knife created the soundtrack to this opera, and it's based on Charles Darwin and The Origin of The Species. I've never been to any kind of opera, but The Knife and Mr. D are two good reasons to change that. Of course, the good seats aren't cheap, so unless SOMEONE FROM THE FESTIVAL WOULD LIKE TO GIVE ME A TICKET AND I WILL REVIEW THE SHOW FOR THEM, I wont be going.

No comments: