Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tomorrow, In a Year

The Knife have a new album out. I've listened to half of the first track and I think it might be the best album of March 2010. That kind of sounds a bit sarcastic, but I'm actually just trying to take the piss out of people who say stuff like, 'It's going to be one of the top albums of 2010' and other comments of that nature. I think that means I might actually be taking the piss out of myself, but hey, I'M JUST THAT COMFORTABLE IN MY OWN SKIN!

Seriously though, it's pretty cool so far. And it's based on The Origin of the Species! How could they go wrong!? Here's an excerpt from the press release:

Commissioned by Danish performance group Hotel Pro Forma to write the music for their opera based on Charles Darwin and his book ‘On the Origin of the Species’, The Knife decided to make this a collaborative process, working with artists Mt. Sims and Planningtorock for the first time, to capture the huge width of the Darwin and evolution theme. They extensively researched Darwin related literature and articles, with Olof attending a field recording workshop in the Amazon to find inspiration and to record sounds.

I'll take two.



The Knife - Tomorrow, In a Year
Password - tmi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Password?

Ian Human said...

Oh snap! Sorry, password is 'tmi'.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!