Thursday, December 17, 2009

Two albums in one day?

It must be getting close to Christmas. Actually, I'm going to call it Xmas. I'd like to remove any evidence of 'that' from Xmas. I hate the word Xmas, because in my head I actually say X - Mas, and it sounds horrible, but it's still better than acknowledging the existence of the worst thing to ever happen to human existence.

Anyway, so I got given the second album from Yeasayer a couple of days ago. It's called Odd Blood, and at first I wasn't sure what to think, but now after listening to it almost repeatedly for the last couple of days I am 130% SOLD that Yeasayer have 'done it again' as they say.

I saw Yeasayer play at the Corner Hotel earlier in the year, and it is one of the best live shows I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever walked out of a live show feeling as electrified as I did after I saw them.

So, go get it. And please, please, if you haven't already, go buy this album or their last so that they can continue on their mission to bring incredible music to our undeserving ears.



Yeasayer - Odd Blood

No comments: