Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Drags...

...on Sunday were awesome. Got into full-drag-mode and rode down and met Dan at Shifter at 2:30. He turned up about 10 minutes later, still drinking from the previous night, because that's how you fucking do it. I thought people would laugh and honk at us, but in reality, anyone who I saw notice us looked genuinely horrified, which quite frankly is an even better response.

Upon arrival, I was surprised and pleased to see that most people had gone to the effort of cross-dressing, and looked sexy as all hell. Shannon in particular left me seriously questioning my sexuality, and I spent the first half-hour desperately trying to conceal a chubby.

The racing was pretty good, and the elimination round was fun, but in the round to secure a spot in the semis my insane amount of speed worked against me, and the guy I raced had a 7 second head-start, which is quite considerable in a race that should only take 17 seconds or less, and as a result, I didn't make it through. Gutted az bro. But hey, fuck it, I had a good time, and handicapping gives everyone a chance to taste the glory that is usually reserved for a few.

Nice work Nic and Brendan.

Yours truly:





Photos here, here, here, and here.

No comments: