Thursday, December 17, 2009

La Vida Loca

I've posted photos of MS-18 gang members a couple of times recently, and then by pure coincidence one or two nights ago, just before I went to bed for nigh-nighs, I flicked over to SBS and they were showing a documentary called La Vida Loca by Christian Poveda, which was focused on Mara 18 gang members in El Salvador.

I was only able to watch about 20 minutes of it, but hot damn it was good, and now I want to watch the whole thing! In the 20 minutes that I watched it there were 2 people murdered and there was 1 gut-wrenching funeral. It's real as fuck, and an incredible watch.

To add to how real it is, Christian was shot in the head in a carpark in El Salvador shortly after the films release. It's believed that he was murdered by the same people he filmed, most likely because he was witness to more than a few murders over the 16 months he filmed them.

If you have it, hook me up! If you don't, you can see a preview here.

No comments: