Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tom Waits...

...is in the top 10 coolest people alive today. Maybe even top 5. See how many people you can think of who are cooler than him. I could only think of one. Seriously, how fucking cool is the guy. Just listen to this shit. How exciting is that music. Some critic person described his voice as sounding "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car.". Indeed.

I could put one of his albums up, but honestly, I don't want to. If you don't already have one, then that's not something I'm willing to fix for you.





And in marginally related Tom Waits news, if there was going to be enthusiasm for a movie that was about dreams and shit like that, I wish it would have been for The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus instead of the thoroughly average Inception. I just watched it the other night and it is really great. Terry Gilliam is brilliant.

No comments: