Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So, I saw this band on Letterman a few weeks back...

...and I thought they were really good. They were called Florence & The Machine. I just remembered now so I thought I'd go download their album and see if it's any good. Well well well, fuckhead record company strikes again. Any and every link to the album that was on the webernet has been removed due to copyright violation.

When are these artists going to get the picture? Downloading isn't hurting you, it's helping you. Don't agree? The figures don't lie. I couldn't tell you the number of albums I have PURCHASED after downloading and discovering a great artist on the internet. Akron/Family, St Vincent, Atmosphere, the list goes on. You know who wont be on that list? Florence & The Machine. They, and their useless fucking record company wont get a cent of my money now. Perhaps be a little wiser in who you chose to represent you in the future Florence. I mean seriously, Island carry fucking Toni Braxton, Elton John, and Rihanna. Do you think you belong there? It can mean only one thing: you're just trying to chase a buck. Well I don't buy albums made by sell-outs.

2 comments:

Matthew Uhe said...

You need to learn how to download albums better mr g-land.

Perhaps I shall impart some of my wisdom upon ye

Ian Human said...

Ahhhh you're one of these 'torrent' fellows aren't you! I don't do torrents. Too much work. I like my piracy to be one-touch. I am the Everyman's pirate.