Friday, October 14, 2011

I fairly often have a conversation with myself...

...in which I postulate on what kind of person I would be and what my life would be like if I were born as exactly the same person, just in a different country, or to the same parents but who were different people to who they are now. I think it's one of the most interesting things about being alive. You have absolutely no control over it, yet it will undoubtedly have one of the greatest influences on how your life plays out.

And then when I see stories like the one below I think to myself, 'You are very lucky to have been brought into the world where you were, by who you were', because some people's lives are a struggle, and they did nothing to deserve it other than be born somewhere kind of shitty.

No comments: