Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Put your hands up for Detroit.

Man, what do you say about Detroit!?

Well, firstly I would say, 'Hey, did you know that Detroit had some pretty sweet Blues come outta there between 1948 and 1954?'

You'd probably be all like, 'GTFOH!'.

And I'd be all, 'No I'm serious!'.

Then I would advise you to go and download the album Detroit Ghetto Blues 1948-1954. But only if you like the Blues. And the album can only be downloaded 10 times from that link, so if you want it you better hurry up, because like, at least 7 fucking people visit this blog every day, and I bet they all love the Blues, so that only gives you about 1.3 days to get the album. If it runs out though, and you can't live without it, let me know.

So, then what would you say about Detroit next?

How about, 'It's fucked!'. That would be pretty much fair enough, based on what I've seen. Which are things like this website that has a bunch of really great photos taken in current-day Detroit.







By the looks of them, I think that the next Blues album I link on Fuck-Cunts will be 'Detroit Ghetto Blues 2008-2014'.

And then I think the last thing that I would say about Detroit, which isn't so much about Detroit as it is about literature regarding Detroit on Wikipedia, is who the fuck is writing the shit that goes on Wikipedia!? Check this fucking pearl from the 'Hip Hop' sub-section on the 'Music of Detroit' page!

"The first Detroit hip hop artists to gain major notice included Esham & Kid Rock, with the latter being the first to achieve certified gold and platinum albums. Other major figures included producer J Dilla and rapper Eminem.[1][25] Many rap groups in Detroit often "beef" or fall out, for example in 2000 with the Street Lord'z vs. Rock Bottom, followed in 2002 with Eminem & D12 vs. Royce Da 5'9", and in 2004 with the Eastside Chedda Boyz vs. Street Lord'z."

Ummmmmmmm, what? Did I miss Kid Rock's Hip Hop shit, and skip straight to his god-awful 'Rock & Roll'? I'll pay the J Dilla comment, but what's all this garbage about "beef"? I didn't realise that my Dad was writing articles for Wiki?

No comments: